Is Now the Time To Buy? Homebuyer’s Mortgage Watch – December 9, 2018
🔥Attention California Renters and First Time Buyers!🔥
This program makes it easier for renters to buy a home (with as little as 3% down, and it can be gift funds from a relative!) 😲
Click below to see terms/details.
*Borrowers should have a minimum credit score of 580 to qualify
*If you are a veteran you may qualify for additional financing!
This Week Highlights the Following Updates:
- Mortgage rates were pushed downward last week as stock markets struggled and investors continued to wonder about the next recession.
- For the most part, economic data was positive. Both the ISM indices posted positive gains, unemployment remained unchanged, and 155K new jobs were created.
- Continuing challenges and inconsistent messaging regarding trade policy seemed to batter stock markets, along with slowing growth in other major economies and growing fears that Brexit will create more problems in Europe.
- We are beginning to see instances of yield curve inversions. This is spooking some investors as inversions have predated every recession since 1975.
- However, it is worth noting that we do not know how quantitative easing program will impact that relationship.
- Even if the economic news this week is positive, we may still see market pessimism dominating.
- If stock markets take another pounding, then rates are likely to move further downward as investors continue to shift money into the perceived, relative safety of US Treasuries and bonds.
Insider Trading Could Include Real Estate
Imagine knowing that one of the world’s largest companies was about to open a new location, but that the public did not know. According to the Wall Street Journal, a number of Amazon employees put down offers on property in Long Island City before the company announced that city as one of its new headquarters. A new bill has been introduced into the New York Senate to prohibit “insider trading” on real estate when government actions, like tax incentives, are involved.